Ammonium persulfate is a white, crystalline, odorless salt. It is used
as initiator for the polymerization of monomers and as a strong oxidizing agent in many applications. It has the particular advantage of being almost non-hygroscopic, of having a particularly good storage stability as a result of its extremely high purity and of being easy and safe to handle.
Chemical Name: Ammonium Persulfate
Synonyms: Ammonium Peroxydisulfate
Molecular Weight: 228.20
CAS Number: 7727-54-0
Active oxygen 6.91%Min
Chloride and Chlorate (as Cl) 0.001%Max
Manganese (Mn) 0.00005%Max
Iron (Fe) 0.0005%Max
Heavy metals(as Pb) 0.001%Max
Residue after ignition 0.05Max
Appearance White crystallized powder
25kg PP/PE bag
Ammonium Persulfate is a suitable initiator for emulsion or solution polymerization of acrylic monomers, vinyl acetate, vinyl chloride etc. and for emulsion copolymerization of styrene, acrylonitrile, butadiene etc. It is also a kind of oxidizing agent, used in cleaning and pickling of metal surface, accelerated curing of low formaldehyde adhesives and modification of starch, production of binders and coating materials, also can be used as desizing agent and bleach activator. It is an essential component of bleaching formulations for hair cosmetics.
Storage and Handing
• Store in a cool, well-ventilated area away from all source of ignition and out of direct sunlight. Store in a dry location away from heat. Store at temperature less than 30 o C.
• Keep away from incompatible materials. Keep containers tightly closed. Do not store in unlabeled or mislabeled containers
• Protect from moisture. Do not store near combustible materials. Keep containers well sealed, seal only with original vent cap. Ensure pressure relier and adequate ventilation.
• Store separately from organics and reducing materials. Avoid contamination which may lead to decomposition.
• Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Use with adequate ventilation.
• Do not swallow. Avoid breathing vapors. Mists or dust. Do not eat, drink or smoke in work area.
• Prevent contact with combustible or organic materials.
• Label containers and keep them tightly closed when not in use.
• Wash thoroughly after handing.
• Inhalation emove affected person to fresh air. Do not use mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Seek medical attention if effects persist.
• Eye---Flush eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes with eyelids held open. Seek specialist advice.
• Skin contact---Wash affected skin with soap and mild detergent and large amounts of water.
• Ingestion---Remove from exposure to fresh air immediately. If breathing is difficult, give oxygen. Do not mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. Seek medical service immediately.
• Proper shipping name: Ammonium Persulfate
• UN Number:UN1444
• Hazard Class:5.1
• Packing Group: 3
In 2002, Mintop Chem was built in Hengshui city, Hebei province, specializing in deeply research-development, manufacturing and marketing of initiator and peroxidizing agent. With rich economic and technologic resources, Mintop Chem is working hard at making an internationalized brand by standing on the basis of higher platform of technology in the persulfates field. It lays a solid foundation of manufacturing high-quality products, to organize production and management strictly abiding by the standard of ISO9001, ISO14001 and OHSMS18000.
Mintop Chem possesses full sets of inspective & test instruments and a central lab as well as excellent technicians, making the technical level at the top in domestics and advanced in international area. Now, Mintop Chem has the annual capacity of producing 10, 000mts excellent grade Ammonium persulfate; 6000mts excellent grade Sodium persulfate; 2000mts excellent grade Potassium persulfate.
Contact Name: David Hou
Company Name: Mintop Group Co., Limited
Street Address: 7-1-601 Bizeyuan,
Hebei Dis, Tianjin, China
Member name: mintop
Member Since: 28 September 2010
Total Leads: 3 mintop Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Sodium Persulfate, Ammonium Persulfate, Potassium Persulfate
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips