Hello visitor from USA USA - 60 visiting from China 38 China USA 16 USA France 4 France Singapore 1 Singapore UK 1 UK
Free Join Now   B2B Chat Center

This Month's Highlights:
- PrintLabels (China): Print Labels, Stickers, Tags, Epoxy Resin Stickers http://www.inecreative.com
- Sayhi0307 (China): Shipping Rates From China, Air Freight Rate From China, Ocean Freight Quote, Shipping Cost, Shipping Price, Freight Quote http://www.sztaizhou.com

Book Freeshipping Once Upon A Time In Shanghai

Posted at: Offers to Sell and Export | Posted on: Wed 02 Jun, 2010 7:16 am | Product Category: Reference books [3760]

book freeshipping shanghai
Products Photos CatalogBook Freeshipping Photos Catalog

Once Upon a Time in Shanghai, by Rena Krasno, English, Paperback, 2008

Product Details

Author Rena

Krasno

Press China Intercontinental Press

Isbn 7508513444/9787508513447

Publication Date Nov 2008

Pages 152

Size 16K

Edition First

Cover Paperback

Language English

Page material gelatine plate paper

Product Description:

This book is edited by Rena Krasno, public officials of the California association of Jews in China, she compiled this book according to the diaries of Fred Marx, and the diaries are mainly from 1939-1949. Fred Marx was born in Germany, once lived in China, and then immigrated to America.

Author:

Rena Krasno was born in Shanghai, China, in 1923 and lived there until 1949. Her parents, stateless Russian Jews from Siberia, arrived in China in the early 20th century. In her professional life, Krasno worked as a simultaneous freelance interpreter for international organizations in Europe and Asia. Krasno has lectured at Stanford University, U.C.L.A., U.C. Berkeley, the Commonwealth Club, and other well-known institutions in America, Asia, and Europe. She is currently Public Affairs Officer of the Sino-Judaic Institute in Menlo Park, California, as well as a member of the Editorial Committee of their publication, Points East. Krasno was featured in several documentaries including the Chinese one (Sanctuary Shanghai. Chen Yifei, 1999). Nine of Rena's books have been published, including Floating Lanterns and Golden Shrines (Pacific View Press, Berkeley, a winner of 2002 Benjamin Franklin Publishers Award). Three of her published books have been translated into Chinese.

Preface:

In the spring of 1989. I met Rena Krasno in California, USA. Rena was very excited to see me, the guy from Shanghai. She asked me many questions about the city's changes and development. Her love for China and Shanghai moved me, especially when she said, "I really want to go back to my hometown——Shanghai, which I have left for 40 years." In 1994, I got the chance to help Rena return to Shanghai. At that time, with the support of the Shanghai government, we decided to host the first international academic conference with the theme of "Jews in Shanghai". As a member of the conference's organizing committee, I suggested inviting Rena to attend and deliver a speech at the conference. She recorded her feelings about revisiting Shanghai at the end of this book. She said that she could not express in words how excited she was upon receiving that invitation. She was trembling as the plane descended for landing. As soon as she set foot on Shanghai soil, she felt she had returned home. Rena delivered a wonderful speech at the conference. She said, her nationality aside, Shanghai was her hometown, because she was born and raised in the city. How touching is that? In those days, Rena had been immersed in her memories and recollections. She walked along Huai hai Road (formerly Avenue Jof fre) for a long time and never got tired. She revisited Aurora University (Shanghai Second Medical University in 1994) and College Municipal Francais (currently Shanghai Science Hall), where had studied. She spent a lot of time in the city's old district and tasted many local snacks, such as bannock, twisted crullers and roasted sweet potatoes. Sometimes, she just sat and watched Shanghai people going about their time, living their lives. She also visited the Tower Apt. (Xiang yang South Road Junction.

Content:

Preface

Chapter 1 Beginnings

Chapter 2 Early Childhood

Chapter 5 Tea Time

Chapter 4 Walking to School

Chapter 5 Pidgin English

Chapter 6 Tailors

Chapter 7 Broadcasting

Chapter 8 Blue Caps

Chapter 9 Money, Bank and a Tycoon

Chapter 10 The Triumph of Jesse Owens

Chapter 11 Expatriate Households——Life in Paradise

Chapter 12 Bloody Saturday

Chapter 13 Christmas 1939

Chapter 14 Abbot Chao-Kung and His Hatred

Chapter 15 The Portuguese Colony and Father Robert Jacquinot de Besange

Chapter 16 Albert Einstein's Visit to Shanghai

Chapter 17 The Shanghai Volunteer Corps and Boy Scouts

Chapter 18 December 8, 1941

Chapter 19 City of Refuge

Chapter 20 Jack Riley

Chapter 21 U.S. Bombing

Chapter 22 Pacific War Unwinding

Chapter 23 Japanese Internment Camps

Chapter 24 U.S. Forces Arrive

Chapter 25 Jobs, Jobs, Jobs

Chapter 26 Deterioration, Disturbance

Chapter 27 United Nations Information Center

Conclusion Departure and Return

Acknowledgement

……

Company Contact:

BookWholesale photo
Contact Name: Jing
Company Name: Hangzhou Wholesale Tech Trading Co., Ltd
Email: Email
Tel: 0086-571-86980049
Fax: 0086-571-86980049
Street Address: A-2211, Xinqingnian
Square, Gongshu District, Hangzhou,
310015, China
Member name: BookWholesale
Total Leads: 4528 BookWholesale Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Books, Nonfiction, Fiction, Chinese for Foreigners, Comics, Literature, Textbooks, Language, Cooking, Chinese Classics, Children, Business, Computer
Chat:
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips
Product Category: Reference books [3760]

Similar LeadsSimilar Suppliers And Manufacturers Import Export Trade Leads

Start Import Export Stories Import Export Startup Stories

Share Your Story & Get Listed at StartImportExport.com

Product Classification Navigation Reference books Classification Navigation

Main - Published Products - Printed media - Printed publications - Reference books [3760]

TradersCity Free Import Export Trade Leads B2B Board  Offers to Sell and Export

TradersCity.com shall not be held liable for any user posted/submitted content including but not limited to trade leads, profiles, images, and any other data. TradersCity.com does not and did not verify any of users posted/submitted data nor is implicitly or explicitly recommending these business offers. TradersCity does not verify truthfulness, accuracy, completeness, nor legality of any businesses, services, and leads posted here. TradersCity does not represent Sellers or Buyers in any transaction between users of the website and is unable to make any opinion in regard to their performance in any transaction. TradersCity neither guarantees nor undertakes in any dispute between sellers and buyers. Protect your business from fraud by trading safely