A battery refractometer is designed for testing the refractive index or concentration
of battery fluids, antifreeze liquid and cleaning fluids that works on the critical angle principle. They utilize lenses and prisms to project a shadow line onto a small glass reticle inside the instrument, which is then viewed by the user through a magnifying eyepiece.
In use, a sample is sandwiched between a measuring prism and a daylight plate. The reading is taken when a shadow line crosses the scale from the shadow line formed between the illuminated area and the dark area then a shadow line crosses the scale. Because refractive index is very temperature dependent, the ZGRA-100ATC Handheld Refractometer embedded a bi-metallic strip inside the rugged casing to achieve automatic temperature compensation. With the indication of the percentage you may know which temperature the fluid will be frozen for both propylene glycol and ethylene glycol. It can also be used for checking the strength of electrolyte solution batteries. And now that this new refractometer has its own light source you can still gauge concentration even in the dark, no other illumination is needed.
The Handheld Battery Refractometer offers a great value for your money because of its BUILT-IN LED. Not only is it quick and easy to use and calibrate but it also assures you that the determined concentration is reliable and accurate. Plus, ZGRA-100ATC can also measure the concentration of ethylene glycol or propylene glycol in antifreeze liquids.
Have the high quality, light weight, reliable and unwavering ° F refractometer with built-in LED in your possession today.
* Temperature scale or unit of temperature measurement is in degrees Fahrenheit ( ° F)
* Assures high quality and accurate testing results
* Power requires three ( 3) 1.5V button type batteries
* Batteries last for more than 100 hours
* With built-in white LED light source
* With ATC Compensation range from 10° C to 30° C
* Operations manual is provided for easier and convenient usage of the end-user
* Measuring Range
Ethylene Glycol: -84° F ~ 32° F
Propylene Glycol: -60° F ~ 32° F
Battery : 1.100-1.400sg
* Minimum Division
Ethylene Glycol : 5° F
Propylene Glycol : 5° F
Battery : 0.01sg
Ethylene Glycol : + / - 5° F
Propylene Glycol : + / - 5° F
Battery : + / - 0.01sg
* ATC Compensation Range: 10° C~ 30° C
* Power Supply: 3 x 1.5V ( Button-type Batteries)
* Calibration: Manual with the mini-screw driver
* Dimension: 35mm x 35mm x 146mm
* Light source: White LED
* Aim the front end of the refractometer to the direction of bright light source or just need to use the built-in light source, and just the eyepiece ( focus adjustment) until the reticle scale can be seen clearly.
* Adjustment of null ( also called calibration) : Open the daylight plate. Drop one or two drops of distilled water or R.O water on the prism. Close the daylight plate and press it lightly so the water spreads across the entire surface of the prism without air bubbles or dry spots. Allow the sample to remain on the prism for approximately 30 seconds. Then adjust the calibration screw to make the white and blue boundary coincide with the null line. Adjustment of refractometer should be made under the condition of 20C environmental temperature. And all refractometers have been adjusted to null before you leave it in the storage.
* After measurement, clean away the measured solution on the surface of the prism and daylight plate with moist cotton cloth. After drying, it should be stored perfectly.
* Recalibrate occasionally to ensure and maintain the testing accuracy.
* Adjustment of null: Liquid and specimen should be under the same temperature. If the temperature varies greatly, the null point should be adjusted once per every 30 minutes.
* After usage, don' t use water to wash the instrument, so as to prevent moisture from entering the instrument.
* As it is a specialized precision optical instrument, you should handle it gently and take good care of it. Don' t touch and scratch the optical surfaces. It should be kept in a dry environment, with clean and non-corrosive air, so as to prevent the surface from turning moldy and foggy. Please avoid strong shock during transportation.
* If the consumers use the instrument in accordance with the mentioned method of usage, it can be guaranteed that the instrument will be operational for quite a period of time, with its optical performance unchanged.
* Operations Manual
* 3 x 1.5V button type batteries
* Mini-screw driver
* Pipette x 11 pieces
* Sturdy cushioned traveling box
Warranty: 2 years warranty
Contact Name: Gary Tong
Company Name: Gain Express Holdings Ltd.
Tel: +852 2362-7800
Fax: +852 2362-7838
Street Address: Flat A, 10/F Yuey
Kong Centre, 45-47 Bulkeley Street
Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Member name: GainExpressHoldingsLtd
Member Since: 18 June 2010
Total Leads: 118 GainExpressHoldingsLtd Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Refractometer, Loupe, Diamond, Moissanite Identification, Meters, Testers
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips
Product Category: Antifreeze