Developed to verify the authenticity of diamonds. Even beginners can use this easy and simple handheld
testers with its LCD display, LED lights and emit audible sounds to give accurate readings time after time. Can distinguish the presence of diamond simulants from cubic zirconia, synthetic white spinel, rutile, strontium titanate, zircon, white sapphire, G.G.G, lithium tantalate, white corundum to YAG.
Equipped with Metal detector intermittent beep, a buzzer or beep will alert you when the probe tip touches the metal. Real diamond are indicated by sound and light signal. No waiting time between test.
If you are interested in buying more gem tools, we suggest you consider our Gem Tool Kit which contains the most important gemology tools at a discounted price.
* Can be use in any shape, tapered, melled, round, rough, etc. and any size of stone from 0.02 carat and up
* Dual indicator, a sound signal and a level meter light display featuring segments in two color range. A diamond indicator (a green light) will illuminate if the stone is a diamond
* Metal alert that gives a long loud, low tone buzzer/beep warns you the probe comes into contact with metal
* Provides adjustable sensitivity that can be varies according to the size of the stone and the ambient temperature
* Comes with handy design and amazingly compact and with low battery consumption
* Powered by 1 DC 9V battery, totally portable and reliably independent
* 7 second warm-up time with a 150 second shut off alarm
* If stone is a simulant such as cubic zirconium (CZ), nothing happens (except with synthetic moissanite)
* Large/small switch for testing diamonds over and under 8 points
* Power : DC 9V battery x 1
* Weight : 106g
* DC 9V battery
* Leather Pouch Case
* Heavy Duty Metal Testing Platform
Warranty: 2 years warranty
Important Reminders & Maintenance:
* When operating the Diamond Selector II or D-II, use a 006P 9V battery. To easily slid off or open the battery compartment, see the arrow direction on its cover before pushing the lid or cover of the compartment.
Check the polarity position of the battery, see the "+" & "-" symbol marked inside the battery compartment. Insert the battery into the Battery Compartment and set the hook part on the lid side of the compartment.
Turn the power switch "ON" and check if the Battery Lamp Light indicator is lights up.
NOTE: A new battery replacement is needed in case the Battery Lamp does not light up or becomes dim.
* Wait for about 30sec untill the Ready Lamp Light indicator lights up.
NOTE: Once the Probe is warmed and the temperature is set or fixed, the Ready Lamp automatically lights up.
* The Power Switch/Level Meter Volume Dial function as calibrater to adjust the Level Meter by pushing the dial toward the direction of "ON", the Level Meter Lamps light up from Green to Red. The more red bars the tester gives the better the quality of the stone being tested.
Adjustment of level meter:
o With the Level Meter Volume 3, adjust the Level Meter according to the size of the stone to be tested and the sorrounding temperature.
o Refer to the following Calibration and make an accurate adjustments of the Level Meter so as to obtain the correct indication.
o Under 0.05ct., set the Level Meter lamp to light on up to 6.From 0.06ct., to 0.5ct., set the Level Meter Lamp to light on up to 4.
o Over 0.6ct., set the Level Meter Lamp to light on up to 2.
For example, when testing the stone of about 0.3 carat in colder temperature, set the Level Meter Lamp to light on 3 and in warmer temperatures set it to light on 5.
o Before starting the test, wash the stone cleanly. Oil and dirt will dull or affect the sensitivity of the Diamond Selector II (D-II).
o All the tests must be done with your bare hands. Since a normal moisture level of your hands is necessary in the operation it is necessary that your hands doesn't dry skin or gloves on it, to function the Metal detector.
o Hold D-II just so your fingers and make sure your hands touches the Electricity Conductive Panel at the back of the unit.
+ If stones sits in metal like rings, pendants, bracelets, watches, etc, hold the metal part with your bare hand.
+ If its loose stones, place the stone to be tested on the Testing Platform, then hold D-II on one hand and the Platform on your other hand.
o Once in a while check if a certain number of the Level Meter Lamp mentioned in the Calibration Chart remains lighted when testing a lot of stones continuously. Check if the Battery Lamp is also lighted while testing continuously.
o It is recommended that you should not hold the ring and stones specially meleed stones (very small size stones) in your hand for long time to let the stones have its normal temperature before testing. Holding the ring for long hours warms up the metal part as well as the stone one it by your body temperature and will affect or dull the sensitivity of D-II.
o Do not administer tests or avoid using the device infront of cooling or heating source like fan or direct strong wind as they will affect the accuracy due its sensitivity.
o For stones that has been kept in extremely low or extremely high temperature, leave it in open area to let the stones get its normal temperature before testing.