Product No: JH-066
Product name: Ball Chair
Product Sort: Chair
Inspired Designer: Eero Aarnio
Use: home, hotel
Material: fiberglass, fabric
1. Item No.: JH-066
2. Item Name:Ball Chair
3. Designer:Eero Aarnio
4. Material: Fiberglass + sponge + fabric/cashmere
5. It can be made for both children and adult.
6. There are various colors for you to choose from, both the fabric and fiberglass are available.
7. For the sponge, there are British standard fire preventing and American standard fire preventing.
8. The ball is revolving.
9. Ball chair can be used in Livingroom, Villa, Design studio, Fashion shop, Western dining restaurant, Supermarket and so on.
10. This ball chair is designed by Eero Aarnio. This ball chair is a “room within a room” with cozy and calm atmosphere, protecting the outside noise from disturbing having a rest or a phone call.
[Detail Introduction and Design History]
Ball Chair by Eero Aarnio 1966
The Ball Chair - or Globe Chair as it's called sometimes - was designed by using one of the most simple geometric forms - the ball. Cutting of a part and fixing it at one point Eero Aarnio comes to a remarkable result - a completely unconventional shaped chair:
A Ball Chair is a "room within a room" with a cozy and calm athmosphere, protecting outside noises and giving a private space for relaxing or having a phonecall. Turning around its own axis on the base the view to the outer space is variable for the user and thus he is not completely excluded from world outside.
"The Ball Chair is something between a piece of furniture and a piece of architecture and at the same time embodies both the mobile and the established, the fixed."
Aarnio: "The idea of the (ball) chair was very obvious. We had moved to our first home and I had started my free-lance career in 1962.
We had a home but no proper big chair, so I decided to make one, but some way a really new one.
The result was great. It (the ball chair) was the birth of one of the most remarkable chairs in the furniture history of the 20th century.
This first hand made Ball Chair is still standing in Eero's house. It was this first prototype two young managers from the company Asko discovered when visiting Eero to see some pine wood designs. They were immediatly impressed and convinced of the phenomenal design. It took a few years to get the ball chair into production.
1966 the Ball Chair was presented at the international furniture fair in Cologne. It was the sensation of the fair, the international breakthrough for Eero Aarnio and the start for a whole line of fibreglass designs by Aarnio.
Contact Name: Michael Mak
Company Name: China Jiaohui Furniture Factory
Street Address: West Xincun
Industrial Zone, Beijiao Town,
Shunde District, FoShan City,
Member name: supermak
Member Since: 31 May 2011
Total Leads: 1 supermak Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Charles Eames Chair, Table, Eero Aarnio Ball Chair, Arne Jacobsen Egg, Swan Chair, Tulip Chair
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips