Chemical Name: gamma-Glycidoxypropyltrimethoxysilane
Cas no.: 2530-83-8
Molecular Formula: CH2CHCH2O(CH2)3Si(OCH3)3
A-187(America Union Carbon)
Features and Benefits
The epoxy functional silane produced by silane KH-560
Enhanced electrical properties of epoxy electronic encapsulant and packaging materials, resulting from improved bonding between resin and substrate filler.
Stable in waterborne applications such as acrylic and vinyl acrylic caulks
Improved adhesion to glass, metal substrates can be obtained in Epoxy, Polysulfide, urethane and acrylic bases adhesive, sealants and caulks.
Typical Physical Properties
Determined on commercial material whose properties may vary within the specification limits.
Physical Form Clear liquid
Colour, Pt-Co Max 25
Specific Gravity at 20°C 1.068 – 1.075
Refractive Index, nD 25°C 1.4275 –1.4300
Purity, % Min 97.0
Silane KH-560 is soluble in water after hydrolysis, alcohol, acetone and most aliphatic esters at normal application levels under five percent. Hydrolysis releases methanol.
1. As epoxy coupling agent, it is used in polysulfide-based and metal-filled epoxide resinous material.
2. Improve the adhesion between inorganic stuffing, base material and resin, hence improve the mechanical strength, electric property of
composite material and high retention in wet state.
3. Improve the electrical properties of many composite materials, including inorganic-filled Nylon and PBT. It can be widely used in many fillers and substrates such as clay, talcum, tricalcium silicate, silica, quartz, aluminum, copper, and iron. Including quartz-filled epoxy sealants, grail-filled epoxy resin, concrete patching material or coatings, toner of modeling kits, and improving the dispersivity, fluidity of adhesive.
4. Avoid the need of independent primer in polysulfide and polyurethane sealant and sealing compounds.
5. Improve the adhesion of double-component epoxy sealing agent, acrylic acid latex, sealing agent, polyamino ester, and epoxy resin. It is used in organic and polyurethane adhesive and sealant, epoxy resin adhesives, filled or enhanced thermosetting resin, glass fiber adhesive, thermoplastic resin for inorganic filler or glass reinforcement.
When considering the use of any Nanjing LIPAI products in particular application, you should review our latest Safety Data Sheets and ensure that the use you intend can be accomplished safely. For Safety Data Sheets and the product safety information, contact the Nanjing LIPAI. Before handling any other products mentioned in the text, you should obtain available product safety information and take necessary steps to ensure safety of use.
Contact Name: Joseph Li
Company Name: Nanjing Lipai Chemical Co., Ltd.
Street Address: 701-705, Huaqiao
Yinzuo Building #b, North Daqiao
Road #1, Pukou District, Nanjing,
Member name: NanjingLipaiChemical
Member Since: 27 April 2009
Total Leads: 10 NanjingLipaiChemical Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Chemical, Silane, Antifoam, Titanate
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips