ROMA make GEARFLEX Gear Toothed Flexible Coupling offer most reliable and positive means of transmitting
mechanical power with ample flexibility to combat various forms of misalignment: angular, offset and combination of angular offset including end float of shafts.
ROMA make GEARFLEX standard double engagement type gear toothed flexible coupling consists of two gear hubs, two outer flanged geared sleeves, a set of bolts, grease nipples and O rings. The external teeth of the hubs engage with the internal teeth of sleeves are bolted together thus making the unit a complete coupling.
The flexibility in the coupling is provided by specially designed gear teeth configuration which makes the coupling self-aligning duration operation.
The geared hubs are made out of tested forged steel and flanged geared sleeves are made out of tested forged steel or graded cast steel depending on the size and requirements. The teeth are generated and are involute from. The bolts are made out of high tensile steel and precision machined. The O rings are made out of specially bonded rubber to withstand compression and of adequate hardness for a long life.
The sleeves and hubs are heat treated to hardness of 240-280 BHN to provide wear-resistance properties for longer life of the couplings.
For standard ROMA make GEARFLEX couplings the lubrication is provided by Grease which penetrates the tooth contact area to form a thin layer of lubricant to minimize the friction. The grease is injected through grease nipples and is retained by O rings provided on both sides.
OPTIONAL SEALING: On specific request, ROMA make GEARFLEX couplings are provided with alternative sealing like felt seals, oil seals, detachable sealing arrangement with or without pressure plate etc.
OIL LUBRICATION: In case of lubrication by oil, the Couplings are provided with Oil-Plugs.
• Double Engagement Type (Full Geared)
• Single Engagement Type (Half Geared-Half Rigid)
• Mill Motor Type
• Spacer Type
• Brake Drum Type
• Vertical Type
• Disengaging Type
• Continuous Sleeve Type (Without Bolted Flanges)
• Extended Hubs Type
• Shear Pin Type
• Spindle Type
• Cordon Shaft Type
Advantages for Gear Couplings
• High Torque / Weight Ratio
• Low Moment Of Inertia values
• No Wearing Part during misalignment of connected shafts
• Low Maintenance
• Can absorb various misalignments viz. Angular, Parallel, Combined Angular- Parallel including End-Float of shafts
Basic Data required for selection of Coupling
• Transmitted (Effective) Power in HP/KW or
• Torque Transmitted in Kg.M. / Nm
• Coupling Speed in r.p.m.
• Motor Power & Speed (HP / KW & r.p.m.)
• Shaft Size (Dia. x Length) in m.m. on Driving Side
• Shaft Size (Dia. x Length) in m.m.on Driven Side
• Application (i.e. Type of machine, load etc)
• Mounting (i.e. Horizontal or Vertical or Inclined)
• Ambient Temperature
• Any other special condition
Contact Name: Mr. Harish Changrani
Company Name: Roma Mechanical Engineering Co.
Tel: +91 (33) 24410880, 24412378
Fax: +91(33) 24412378
Street Address: Sagarika, 204,
Rajdanga Main Road, Nabapalli,
Kolkata 700107 West Bengal, India
Member name: romamec
Member Since: 27 February 2009
Total Leads: 4 romamec Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Gear Coupling, Shaft Coupling, Flexible Coupling, Grid Resilient Coupling, Pin Bush Coupling, Brake Drum Coupling, Power Transmission Coupling
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips