Refractive Index is one of the most important optical parameters used to identify and authenticate polished
precious and semi-precious gemstones. The CL-181 Gemological refractometer is a low cost, lightweight measuring instrument used by jewellers and traders of gemstones to measure polished stones over a refractive index range of 1.30 to 1.81 RI. The instrument can also be used to identify whether a particular stone is Isotropic or Anistropic ( uniaxial or biaxial) .
Gemological ( Gemstone) Refractometer is your primary and most powerful tool in gemstone identification. As with a typical critical angle refractometer, it will measure the Refractive Index of faceted stones.
It comes with Refractometer Index oil, Mini Flashlight, Storage Box, Polarizing Lens and Leather Carrying Case!
Have the most essential and powerful tool in identifying gemstones.
* Can identify singly & doubly gemstones quickly and accurately
* Uniquely desigend, low battery consumption and portable
* Powered by FREE four 1.55V Batteries
* Approved by strict quality and safety standards for long and trouble-free life
* Guaranteed high quality and accurate testing results
* Brand new and unused
* Measuring Range: 1.30 – 1.81 RI
* Minimum Graduation Value: 0.01 RI
* Dimension: 30 x 70 x 130mm
* Weight: 400g
FREE Leather Carrying Case
Small Vial of 1.800 Refractive Index Oil ( If you add USD12.00 to order, you will get a bottle of index oil in extra)
* Polarizing Filter
* Monochromatic Light Filter
* Provides a unique Designed Mini Flashlight for illumination which includes the 4 1.55V( AG13) batteries
* Storage Box
* Refractometer Index Reference List ( For 77 common gemstones, i.e. Calcite, Jadeite, Quartz etc.)
* User' s Manual
Warranty: 2 years warranty
Operating Information :
* Lay the instrument on the worktable. Open the upper cover. Drop some of the special refractive oil onto the surface of the prism by a thin glass bar.
* Make the ground surface of gem to be measured close to the prism, press it lightly to make refractive oil distributed evenly between the two surfaces and close the upper cover.
* Align the entrance filter of refractometer and light source to the make luminance of viewing field even.
* Move eyepiece up and down and adjust diopter appropriately. Now you can see a light/ dark boundary in the viewing field. The gradation on the boundary shows the refractive index of a gem.
* The index of double refractometer of gem can be measured precisely because the filter of the refractometer can eliminate the phenomenon of dispersion.
Contact Name: Gary Tong
Company Name: Gain Express Holdings Ltd.
Tel: +852 2362-7800
Fax: +852 2362-7838
Street Address: Flat A, 10/F Yuey
Kong Centre, 45-47 Bulkeley Street
Hunghom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Member name: GainExpressHoldingsLtd
Member Since: 18 June 2010
Total Leads: 118 GainExpressHoldingsLtd Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Refractometer, Loupe, Diamond, Moissanite Identification, Meters, Testers
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips