Introduction of L-Arabinose for prevention and improvement of obesity
Sugar that we consume is broken
down to glucose and fructose by sucrose (digestive enzyme) in the small intestine and absorbed to become energy. This action is faster than the absorption of starch, and produces a more rapid elevation of blood glucose than that of starch.
The rapid elevation of blood glucose acts on pancreas and induces a rapid secretion of insulin which is anabolic for synthesis of fat, easily may lead to obesity . However, if a small amount of L-Arabinose is added to sucrose, the breakdown of sucrose is inhibited and rapid elevation of blood glucose is suppressed .
L-Arabinose is expected to contribute to the prevention, management and improvement of obesity and associated life style-related diseases like DM. I would like to summarize L-arabinose studies and let you to know of the safe and useful effectiveness for energy cut from sugar (sucrose).
(1) L-arabinose is a natural pentose with sweet taste. It is contained in all fermented foods and in natural plant in a small amount. It has 60 % sweetness of sugar.
(2) It selectively and strongly inhibits the sucrase activity. Therefore, it strongly inhibits digestion and absorption of sugar in intestines (Seri, 1996).
(3) It reduces the rapid increase of blood glucose after sucrose loading at a small addition(2-3 %) of L-arabinose in sugar (Seri, 1996)(Fujii, 2000).
(4) It reduces significantly sucrose utilization in a small amount and consequently led to decrease of lipogenesis(lipid synthesis) .
(5) It changes improves the enteric environment. Short-chain fatty acids are produced from non-digested sucrose and L-arabinose by intestinal microbes.
(6) It could change muscle fiber type to oxidative to burn fat. The skeletal muscle, which is comprised of 40-50 % of the body weight, utilizes fat for the energy. Even a slight increase of oxidative muscle fiber accelerates fat burning in body .
Thus L-Arabinose is effective in management of obesity and obesity-related DM as well as maintenance of good health.
Usage: For 1g before Dining ever day (3 times per day )
Contact Name: Fred
Company Name: Healtang Biotech Co, Ltd
Tel: +86-531-83506666 or 86-531-8351-1609
Street Address: Diaozhen Industrial
Development Zone, Jinan, Shandong,
Member name: healtang
Member Since: 31 July 2010
Total Leads: 18 healtang Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: D-xylose, L-arabinose, Xylitol, D-ribose, Fructose, Sweetener
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips