UPA Base Coat 45 is a plaster-based adhesive used in the jointing of plasterboard. Joints are bedded
in Base Coat 45 with tape and then a second coating is applied. Joints are then finished with topping of a finishing coat and smoothly sanded before painting. For best results, UPA recommends the use of Base Coat with all other plaster cement and adhesive products available within the UPA product range.
The UPA Base Coat can be specially formulated to suit either 45 , 60 or 90 minute setting times as required.
1) Bedding Coat
* For fiberglass tape, affix tape to joint and apply mixture to the joint recess.
* For paper tape, fill joint recesses evenly with mixture, apply UPA tape firmly and centrally to the filled joints and apply a skim coat of mixture over UPA tape.
* Also apply mixture to taped butt joints and internal corner angles.
* Apply mixture to all UPA metals external angles, fastener heads and recessed.
* Allow mixture to set before applying second coating.
* Apply a second coat of UPA Base Coat 45 to filled recessed joints, butt joints, internal and external angles, fastener heads and other filled recessed.
* Trowel out all edges to remove any excess bedding material.
* Allow mixture to act for at least one hour before applying finishing coat.
Packaging : Available in 20KG Bag
Setting time : 45/60/90 Minutes
Coverage area: Approximately 32m2 / 20KG Bag
Colour : White
Fragrance : Odourless
Contact Name: Ms. Mary Mesourouni
Company Name: United Plasterworks Sdn Bhd
Street Address: Suite 1&2, 21st Floor,
Northam Tower, 57 Jalan Sultan Ahmad
Shah 10050 Penang, Malaysia
Member name: Uplasterworks
Member Since: 15 February 2008
Total Leads: 7 Uplasterworks Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Paper Faced Cove Cornice, Drywall Compounds, Plaster Building Products
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips