What is it ?
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. It can be given off by appliances that burn fossil
fuels such as gas, coal, wood or oil, if they're not working properly, if the flue is blocked in any way, or if the room is not properly ventilated.
Why is it so dangerous ?
Carbon monoxide is odourless, colourless and tasteless, which makes it difficult to detect. However its effects are deadly. On average, 50 people a year are killed by carbon monoxide poisoning due to faulty heating appliances.
What are the main causes of carbon monoxide poisoning ?
Most cases of carbon monoxide poisoning are due to inadequate ventilation or poor maintenance of appliances, blocked or leaky flues and chimneys. Chimneys can become blocked for various reasons. It could be as a result of birds nesting on the chimney, or possible degradation of the flue. A blocked flue can lead to carbon monoxide leaking into your home.
Who is most at risk ?
Some people mistakenly think that it is only gas fuelled heating systems which can cause carbon monoxide poisoning - in fact, it can happen with any fossil fuel system if the system, which included both the appliance and the flue, is faulty or the room is not properly ventilated. Also, some people associate carbon monoxide poisoning with rented accommodation - in fact, more people are killed in owner occupied rather than rented properties.
Carbon monoxide poisoning
A typical scenario is a living room with a solid fuel heater. The windows and doors have been draught proofed and the permanent ventilation has been blocked up (by the victim) to prevent draughts. The chimney and flue have not been swept for years. The victim may not have carried out the regular maintenance of their appliance, like cleaning the throat plate monthly, let alone had the appliance serviced professionally. There may be soot deposits at the appliance outlet, or bits of the flue lining may have broken away and tumbled down to the appliance outlet. The weather is cold and the fire is not drawing well, so the victim opens the fire door to get more heat. This compounds the problem. The victim becomes drowsy, falls asleep, and doesn't wake up again.
The danger signs
Carbon monoxide may be present if there are any of the following danger signs:
* Gas flames that normally burn blue burn orange or yellow instead.
* Sooty stains appear on or just above appliances, regardless of the fuel being burnt.
* Coal or wood fires burn slowly or go out.
* The fire is difficult to light.
* The room is not properly ventilated.
* The chimney or flue is blocked - watch out for smoke in the room.
* You develop the following unexplained symptoms:
o chest pains
Name: Wireless Co LPG Gas Detector
VS-WQ100 is wall mounted gas detector with high stability.(hereinafter called detector) It is used for detecting leaking gas. Advanced semiconductor sensor is adopted to ensure high stability and long life. It is convenient for mounting.
The product is suitable for the safety of residential house, villas, hotels, markets, boarding house etc.
High reliability dual sensor design
Be able to work with electromagnetic valve or exhaust fan
MCU processing adopted
Malfunction auto-check indicator
Alarm indicator indicates gas species
Designed to Detect Natural gas, LPG, CO
SMT manufacture technology, High stability
Easy for installation
Alarm output：Wireless transmission;sound and flash alarm
Alarm level：Natural gas: 10%±5%LEL CO: 150PPM
Drivable accessaries：Electromagnetic valve or exhaust fan
How To Install Gas Detectors ?
Wired or wireless gas detector
The product is ceiling mounted gas detector with high stability. It is used for detecting leaking gas and suitable for the safety of residential house, villas, hotels, boarding house etc.
Detecting the gas heavier than air: installation height from floor: 0.3m ~ 1.0m, semi-diameter to gas sources: ＜ 1.5m; detecting the gas lighter than air: installation height from ceiling 0.3m ~ 1.0m, semi-diameter to gas sources: ＜ 1.5m.
Contact Name: Jackie Chow
Company Name: VSTAR International Ltd.
Street Address: No.203 Building,
Shatoujiao, Yantian District,
Member name: burglaralarmsystem
Member Since: 29 July 2009
Total Leads: 1750 burglaralarmsystem Import Export Business Leads
Business focus: Burglar Alarm System, Home Security Alarm System, Wireless Alarm System, Gsm Alarm System
Verify: Safe Import Export Tips
Product Category: Gas detectors